Are you suffering with Dark Circles under Eyes and searching for How to get rid of dark circles under eyes,? Well, this is a very mild condition where the skin under your eyes shows the outline of consistent blood vessels often giving a greenish or bluish colour under the eyes depending on how light your skin is. These dark circles are also known as dark rings or shadows under the eyes. A variation of this may include dark circles around eyes
What causes dark circles under eyes? how to remove dark circles permanently
As you are looking for How to get rid of dark circles under eyes you must know first what are the causes of dark circles under eyes
Dark spots under eyes are often linked to lack of enough sleep or fatigue. As much as this is sometimes the case, there is a myriad of causes for dark circles under eyes. Some of the major causes are:
How to get rid of dark circles Some people genetically have lighter skins than others naturally. If you notice dark circles, it would be wise to look at your kin and compare. It is possible that you inherited it. It however, still is, treatable.
If you notice dark spots under your eyes, you might need to check the calendar and find out how close your pension is. It is a scientific fact that as you grow older your skin gets tenderer. This explains the dark spots on old people despite the length of time they sleep. Again, if ageing is your cause, all is not lost, something can still be done about it.
3. Prolonged crying (natural)
How to get rid of dark circles This is another very common cause of dark spots under eyes. If you've been crying for some hours, you definitely overwork the vessels below the eyes, making them bulge and form dark spots under your eyes. Before you get to any other remedy, I recommend you stop crying first. Both for the circles and for you. Whatever the problem is, there's no record of a problem that was solved through crying.
4. Unhealthy diet
If you've been eating pizza and fries for breakfast, lunch and dinner, you should not expect to stay healthy and fit. If your diet does not consist of blood enriching ingredients, however remote the possibly, it may be the cause of your dark spots.
5. Working for long hours in front of a computer
Are you working on computer daily and searching for How to get rid of dark circles This happens to me quite often. If you wake up, sit in front of your monitor, and stay there all day, you will definitely get out looking like a raccoon. This happens mostly because you might be engrossed in a game or work and will not notice the time drifting by.
6. Physical and mental stress
Again if you're going through a rough time, you may not even get adequate sleep, which depending on your skin may directly mean dark circles under eyes. Again if you ate fatigued, your skin will tend to get loose and you know what that means.
7. Lack of adequate sleep
If you have not slept in some time, the skin below your eyes is more vulnerable to sagging since it's the lightest skin in your body. In fact the skin under your eyes is an average of 0.5mm thick as compared to 2mm in the rest of your body. Therefore when the vessels below your eyes bulge, they definitely show beneath your skin.
The reason why dark circles are often blue, is not because the blood in the eyes is blue, but the skin can only allow in or out one ray of light, hence one colour in the spectrum. In people with more light skins such as albinos, the veins appear pinkish, resembling more closely the actual contents.
How to get rid of dark circles under eyes
So after finding out the causes, the questions on your mind should be
1. How to reduce dark circles
2. How to get rid of bags under eyes
Well, with the right therapy in the right amounts, you should get rid of dark under eyes in a short time. Raccoon eyes maybe very frustrating especially if you haven't gotten them in the 'conventional' ways that is: through fatigue or lack of sleep. You might go for a job interview and miss the job because the interviewer saw you as an overworked fatigued mess. Yes, it happens. You may also receive uncalled-for sympathy from family and friends. To avoid this, you should get rid of your dark rings, or at least reduce them. Below are some natural methods of containing these dark circles, rather, ways that define how to get rid of bags under your eyes.
1. Raw potato
How to get rid of dark circles:- Raw potatoes have bleaching agents which are exactly what your skin craves for. Raw potatoes are used for other bleaching activities, for example if your armpits discoloured and have a dark or whitish spot, potatoes are the way to go. Well, for dark circles under eyes, follow the following steps and you'll be sure to SEE some change How to get rid of dark circles.
1. Get one or two medium sizes potatoes.
2. Peel the potatoes (you can alternatively grate them)
3. Juice the potatoes to get a thick syrup.
4. Soak a cotton ball in the juice
5. Put the cotton ball on your eye (you should use two cotton balls if you want to treat both eyes)
6. Leave it on for a few (10-15) minutes
7. Remove the cotton ball and wash your eyes. (You leave it for a few minutes to let the juice soak in.)
You can also:
1. Peel the potato
2. Cut it into big slices
3. Place a slice on the affected eye(s)
4. Leave the slices on for some minutes.
5. Remove the slices and wash your eyes.
2. Rose water
How to get rid of dark circles This is another all natural solution for dark spots on your skin, not only dark circles below your eyes. It is one of the ingredients for skin care cosmetics. If you can get it in its natural form, it will do your skin some good without fear of chemical effects. It rejuvenates the skin, and has a soothing effect on the skin. It is heavily used as a skin toner. The following are the steps for its effective usage.
1. Soak a cotton eye pad in pure Rose water for a few minutes (say ten. Again you should use two pads if you have bags in both eyes.)
2. Place the pad on closed eyelids.
3. Leave it on for about fifteen minutes.
4. Take off the pads and optionally wash your eyes.
It's okay to leave your eyes without rinsing them for deeper effect of the Rose water. Do this twice a day, preferably in the morning and evening until you achieve satisfactory results.
How to get rid of dark circles:- Turmeric is well known for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Turmeric is highly recommended for people suffering from different skin conditions, not only dark spots under eyes. To achieve maximum results:
1. Make a paste, mixing Turmeric and pineapple juice.
2. Apply the paste on your closed eyes. (Take care not to get the paste into your eyes)
3. Leave the paste on for 10 minutes
4. Wash off
5. Repeat this until you achieve desired results.
4. Tomatoes or tomato juice
ow to get rid of dark circles:- The beauty of all these remedies are that they are natural and readily available. Tomatoes are rich in vitamin C which again your skin is dying for.
You can use tomatoes effectively to treat dark spots and blemishes on your skin. Simply follow the following steps and achieve indisputably flawless skin
1. Mix a teaspoon of tomato juice with half a teaspoon of lemon juice to make a thick paste
2. Apply the paste on your closed eyes
3. Leave the paste on for a few minutes
4. Wash your eyes
5. Repeat this twice a day for about two months
How to get rid of dark circles :- Caffeine is well known for its 'burning effect' on the skin. This burning is actually beneficial to the skin as it shrinks blood vessels, making the skin more pleasant to look at. You can therefore use tea bags to treat dark spots or blemishes on any part of your skin. You should therefore follow these guidelines for ultimate maximum results.
1. Find two used tea bags (either green or black will do. However green is recommended due to its more herbal nature)
2. Chill them in a refrigerator for about half an hour.
3. Place a teabag on each eye (or the affected eye)
4. Leave the teabag on for ten to fifteen minutes.
5. Remove the teabag and wash off
6. Repeat this twice or thrice a week
6. Lemon juice
For lemon juice:
1. Form a thick paste of lemon juice, tomato puree, and pinchgram flour and turmeric powder
2. Chill it in a refrigerator for about 10 minutes.
3. Apply a teaspoon of the chilled paste on each affected eye.
4. Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes and then wash off.
5. Repeat this twice or thrice a week for three months.
You can also
1. Slice a lemon into thick slices
2. Add a teaspoon of tomato juice to each of the slices
3. Place a slice on the closed affected eye and leave it on for some time (about 15 minutes)
4. Remove the slices and wash off
5. Repeat this twice a week for three months.
7. Coconut oil
How to get rid of dark circles :- Coconut oil is another natural remedy with pure goodness. It is good for skin conditioning and indeed smoothening effect. You can effectively treat dark spot under your eyes by massaging them with coconut oil.
1. Get some virgin coconut oil.
2. Massage both your closed eyes with a sizeable amount.
3. Leave the oil on for about 20 minutes then wash off.
4. Repeat this once a day until you achieve your desired results.
8. Cold compress
How to get rid of dark circles :- Chilling blood vessels makes them contract. You can use a simple cold compress to reduce the size of the vessels in your eyes consequently reducing the size or getting rid of the dark circles below or around your eyes. Simply follow these steps for maximum results
1. Get some ice cubes and wrap them in a light cloth
2. Place the cloth on your eye and leave it for some time (half an hour)
3. Repeat this once a day until you are satisfied with the results.
9. Almond oil
How to get rid of dark circles -: Almond oil is also another natural remedy used by various cosmetic companies. You can use it to finish dark circles by:
1. Massage it over the spots affected before you sleep
2. Leave it to sink in overnight.
3. Wash it off in the morning.
4. Do this daily before bed for three months.
How to get rid of dark circles :- Cucumber is renowned for its soothing and skin lightening effect. Try the following steps to achieve superb results.
1. Cut thick cucumber slices
2. Chill in a refrigerator for half an hour or so
3. Place a slice on the affected area for 10 minutes.
4. Wash the area with water
5. Repeat this daily for about three weeks
Other helpful methods
1. Avoid overexposure to direct sunlight
Sunlight rays especially with the current global warming are sometimes harmful to the skin. This is more possible for people with very light skins or albinos. If you suffer from dark circles under your eyes you might need to consider this fact. Sunglasses might also help where you will be in the full glare of the sun.
2. Take breaks from working in front of a screen
Staying for long hours in front of your monitor, smartphone, iPad or game console is the least among healthy activities. Sometimes we are compelled to do this probably because you work with these machines, but take a break whenever you can. After two hours, switch off the screen and go out for some fresh air and natural light. This also helps relax your mind, keeping in mind that stress is also a cause of dark circles.
3. Get adequate sleep
So How to get rid of dark circles take proper sleep It is recommended that for an adult, you should sleep for seven hours a day preferably more. However busy you might be, try and make this minimum because with fatigue you won't do any productive work anyway. Give yourself adequate time to rest for the good of your eyes and your body in general.