Move over, Coffee! Why Lemon Water in the Morning is Your New Best Friend
Health experts recommend that we drink eight glasses of water a day. This is really hard for many of us. Water is plain. It’s… well, boring. Spice up that boring old water by adding some delicious, tangy, fresh lemon! This simple and easy habit can boost your energy, rejuvenate your cells, eliminate toxins from the body, and helping your kidneys and digestive tract to work their best.
Top Reasons to Start Your Day with Lemon Water:
- Reduces joint and muscle pain
- Helps liver produce more useful enzymes
- Anti-inflammatory properties of lemon fight respiratory infections like sore throats and tonsillitis
- Powerful antioxidant action strengthens the immune system
- Cleanses blood and blood vessels
- Supports a higher pH in the body, improving disease-fighting ability
- Lowers risk of gout by diluting uric acid crystals in the blood
- 1 teaspoon in 1 glass of water relieves heartburn
- Pectin fiber in lemon helps suppress hunger cravings, and may help with weight loss
- Contributes to alkaline environment in the body which may prevent cancer
- Improves gingivitis and reduces tooth pain
- Dissolves gallstones, kidney stones, calcium deposits, and kidney stones
- Wonderful for expectant moms! Vitamin C and potassium help Mom’s body fight colds and other infections while assisting the baby’s bone, tissue, brain and nervous system.
- Drinking lemon water regularly invigorates the skin
- Daily intake of the equivalent of one lemon’s juice may reduce blood pressure by 10%.
- Lemon boosts depression-fighting potassium, which also aids hart function.
- Lemon water promotes regular bowel movements.
- Cleanses the liver and stimulates it to release accumulated toxins.
- Citric acid promotes digestion by stimulating the secretion of gastric juices.
- Hydrates the body with electrolytes (like potassium, magnesium, and calcium).