Herbal supplements have been growing in popularity. More people are trying herbal remedies, to help improve their health. Several people use herbal supplements to treat some medical conditions. Others use them to assist with weight loss, anxiety, and much more. With many studies that have been done, it is proven these supplements can be beneficial.
Popular Herbal Supplements
• Kava kava is found mostly in Polynesia. This herb is great for treating anxiety. It is known to have an effect of calming with nervous system.
• Valerian root has different uses. It has a hypnotic and sedative effect, helping with anxiety and sleep disorders. Also, valerian root is known to have healing qualities. Pain, tension, and muscle cramps can be eased with its use.
• St. John’s Wort is one of the the oldest herbal supplements known. Main use is for depression that is not severe. Unlike traditional medications for depression, this does not have all the side effects people want to avoid.
• Gingko biloba does a few things for the body. This herbal supplement can do wonders with memory. Blood flow is increased, and function of nervous system improved. This boosts function of the brain, helping with memory. This herb is also used as an antioxidant. Toxin that build up in the body are removed which improves function of the immune system.
• Garlic is very powerful, and common among cures that are natural. Besides being used for flavor, there are many health benefits that come with it. Some of these include lowering cholesterol, reduction of pain, and blood clot prevention. This can be used to fight infections that can be bacterial as well.
• Echinacea has been used for many ages, by the Native Americans. This herb can boost a person’s immune systems. People use this herbal supplement to fight against many ailments including common cold, or AIDS virus.
• Soy can be helpful as an alternative to protein among vegetarians and vegans. This is also used for woman suffering from menopausal symptoms like hot flashes and night sweats. Research for this herb is still in progress, to find more healing properties.
• Evening Primrose oil can help produce a hormone-like material that is called prostaglandin E1. Prostaglandin levels that are increased, help to relieve several different ailments. Some include cramping and bloating due to PMS, joint pain associated with arthritis, and treating conditions with the skin such as acne, and eczema.
Nature’s Way of Healing
Where traditional medicines come in short, herbal supplements can fill in. These herbal remedies are around from centuries and are known to work. Most likely there is an herb that can help with your ailments. Before taking any herbal supplements, check with a health professional